Friday, April 11, 2008

Four uses for a rubber glove

Over the last couple of years, I've gotten into the habit of letting the kids watch a fair bit of TV during the day.  Too much, I'm starting to think.  I think that I relied on it to "babysit" a little when I wasn't feeling well, and that has become normal practice.  So one of my goals for the next few weeks is to reduce TV time (with the end result being the cancelling of the kids channels on Foxtel - eeekkk).

I should have given the kids more credit.  Without the TV on, they are quite happy to amuse themselves playing, colouring and using their imaginations.  Which brings me to rubber gloves.  In our blissful, TV free afternoon Mermaid came up with the following, unconventional uses for a rubber glove:

  1. Blow it up and make a balloon (this is The Thinker's territory, as I don't have enough puff).
  2. Stick it under your chin and be a chicken.
  3. Stick it between your legs and be a cow
  4. Stick it on your feet and be a duck
Who needs TV...

No comments: