This is my first Smiley Saturday post. It's a lovely idea from Lightening. Pay her a visit for more smiley posts.
Some of the things that made me smile this week were:
- Planting my first vegie garden. I feel proud of myself for stopping dithering about and actually planting it. I can't wait to harvest something. Fortunately, I have some spring onions that don't take too long to grow (do they?). I smiled even more watching the kids get excited about it.
- Little Mermaid turned three. She's my baby, so I'm not sure that I'm that thrilled about her growing up, but she was so happy herself I couldn't help but smile. She got some cards in the mail which she more excited about than her presents!
- We cut back our pay TV subscription. I love watching the kids using their imaginations when they're playing instead of zoning out in front of the TV. We now have a few dollars extra to put towards paying down our credit card debt. And...no-one imploded/exploded or had anything else nasty happen to them because the telly was off.
- My dad has almost finalised the sale of his business and can now retire - he deserves it!
- It rained! As it turned out it was only for the morning, but it was a nice steady soak and we need everything we can get.